Newbie here!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here!

Hello all This is my first year as a greenhouse owner so this is a big learning curve for me. I'm hoping to learn lots from here and will hopefully post my successes and no doubt my disasters Sadly I think the latter will be my first. In my haste I started off some Cosmos and Coriander seeds in the bedroom upstairs in February, they came up quite quickly and unfortunately were quite leggy. I have since purchased some staging and put them in the greenhouse (which is heated with a small paraffin heater) the other day after I had watered them well. Looks as though some of them have collapsed, not sure if it's because they were too leggy or have overwatered them. Oh well they do say success is 90% failure, looks like I'm on the right track then

Maybe you should start again - it's often better to water from the bottom with small seedlings (having said that I don't always! )
    Feb is a bit early I reckon. They may have got a check from going into the cold. I know it's heated a bit but a small parafin heater won't entirely warm the place up.

Welcome to the grapevine - that encouraging place where, whatever you do wrong - someone here has always done it before you (sometimes more than once!)
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Welcome to the 'Vine gemlady Don't fret, there's plenty of time to start some more off & the days are getting longer, the sun higher, so seedlings will be a bit happier

Comment

Hi there- and welcome to the Vine!!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

hi everyone another newby in all arears gardening and greenhouse everyones messages look so prfessional need to practice messeages .
          Last edited by veggiechicken; 06-04-2015, 01:19 PM. Reason: email address removed in case of spamming

Comment

hello,me too!managed to get a greenhouse and staging from freecycle and am eager to get going but still need to get door seals,heater etc but might start sowing and cover them as well.this is a great place to share success and disasters,good luck!
            Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X