glazing problems!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glazing problems!

Hello All! I'm fairly new to all this gardening lark but after digging up my last big bit of grass last year to make way for a veg.plot I really have got the bug!I've now acquired a greenhouse via freecycle(couldn't believe my luck). We've managed to put up the frame and I know need to glaze it .I'm on a weeks annual leave and hoping to do it today as its not too windy or wet but I just cant get my head around the w clips work( instructions are rubbish)can anyone help at all?
    Gardening forever- housework whenever

Welcome to the 'Vine LettuceGrow
    I'm sorry, I have no idea about glazing clips , my greenhouse is plastic covered!
    Good luck with it though

Comment

The W clips as near as i can remember you grow another arm and hand or get someone to hold the glass in the frame and you hook one end of the W clip in the lip on frame of the green house and the other end will slide across the glass and pop over the edge of the glass do the same on the other side and job done plus a few more panes good luck jacob
      What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
      Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

clear as mud lol,thanks allot I'll give that a go:

Comment

Welcome to the Vine!!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

thanks,what a great way of sharing ideas and solving problems

Comment

I may have mislead you with my earlier post just been looking for some bolts in a draw and low and behold there was a W clip .
              how you fit them put pane of glass in frame with the clip if it is the wire one hook one end behind the lip on greenhouse frame and press the centre bit against the glass and the hook the other end behind the lip and presto it is fitted hope it works jacob
              What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
              Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

thanks, I think I know how they are supposed to work now but putting it into practice might be another matter,need to figure out how to grow another arm!!!or persuade teenage son to help tomorrow if the gales have stopped, don't know which will be hardest! will let you know.

Comment

Welcome to the Vine LettuceGrow
                  Smile and the world smiles with you

Comment

Actually, once you figure out how they fit you can usually get a good pace on. I glazed my 6' greenhouse myself in a couple of hours. The problem I had was sore fingers! Be carefull about getting the ends of your fingers pinched - it hurts
                    Frank
                    ....never buy a dwarf with learning difficulties - it's not big and its not clever!

Comment

And if you have decent finger nails, by the end of glazing you wont.!!
                      Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

I am the w clip queen!!!!many thanks all for your help and encouragement, I have mastered greenhouse glazing. Here are my words of wisdom if anyone else out there is as confused as I was:First have cup of tea-have someone around if only to hand you back the w clips as they fly into the air for the umpteenth time!,wear gloves and forget about having any nails left by the end of the experience,,the w clips work as a spring and keep them looking like a 'w' with legs in the air and lip forward (that will make sense as you start to use them.) Don't be afraid of the glass be in control and very calm and patient. Have another cup of tea!!

Comment

You can now clasify your self as a Smart Ar*e jacob
                          Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X