Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to gardening!!

Hi all!

Ive just discovered the pleasures of gardening and already have tomato plants and sweet pepper plants germinating on my windowsills, i would like some advice on growing salad leaves, can i put them outside now if i use a tunnel over them??

Thanks
    Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Originally posted by blue411 View Post
    Hi all!

Ive just discovered the pleasures of gardening and already have tomato plants and sweet pepper plants germinating on my windowsills, i would like some advice on growing salad leaves, can i put them outside now if i use a tunnel over them??

Thanks
    Welcome to the vine. I presume you've sown your salad leaves and you want to put the seedlings outside. I think you'll be alright with a polytunnel over them, just watch out for the wind which can damage your tunnel. You can leave your tomatoes and peppers outside under cover too for more light exposure but watch out for frost at night when you might give them extra protection (fleece) or bring them indoors.
    Food for Free

Comment

hello and welcome to the vine
      ---) CARL (----
      ILFRACOMBE
      NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

Comment

Welcome aboard the vine. No idea about salad leaves I'm afraid, but I'm sure there's plenty on here that do. Good luck.
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Helloder!
          Good to meet you blue.
          I grow my salad leaves in window boxes on my two kitchen windows. I have 4 boxes so I can rotate them. I have sown my first lot of seeds already and will sow a new box up every 3 weeks or so through the season this will give me a constant supply. You can buy loads of different cut and come again mixes, just check out your garden centre.
          Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Hello blue 411 and welcome from a recent newby. I'm sure you'll enjoy the chitchat and advice/tips you'll receive and the many laughs, some of which are sidesplitting on this forum. I'm certainly glad i joined.

Comment

Thanks everyone!
              Already having luck with my tom plants, got some good size shoots on them but my sweet peppers have yet to make an appearance!
              Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X