Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raised beds

hi introducing myself
    basically i love gardening i dont profess to be good at it!
    in 2002 we bought a house with a long narrowish garden,i did not realise at the time that this would change my life! anyways the garden was a mess not been looked after for a long time, having no experience what so ever and having come from a council estate in south yorkshire where my dad just grew weeds, i set about sorting out the garden after 5 years i can say i love my garden BUT then got bored of growing flowers and moved onto veg last year i got such a buzz out if that i have expanded my growing and installed two raised beds so i can grow an abundance of veg,i am literally growing everything and cant wait too get my first vegetable on the table
    joanne geldard

Welcome to the vine. I had similar experience to yours, took a long time to sort out the garden but even then, never really thought to get seriously into vegetable gardening until last year. Wish I had done it sooner so you can imagine a very exciting year for me too trying to grow everything and everything just for the hell of it .
    Last edited by veg4681; 16-03-2008, 01:18 PM.
    Food for Free

Comment

Welcome to the mad house!

I'm still fighting my garden! Moved from a 20' square front and back to a 120'x50' back and 40'x50' front - 6 years in and it is still a mess. I'll get there one day. I've been growing veg for over 30 years now, which is a rather worrying stat.
      The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

any advice about carrots i have sown two containers full of parmex they are outside at the moment,have i sown two early?
        joanne geldard

Comment

Unfortunately you are asking about the only veg I have never grown successfully!

I have tried everything, I can grow parsnips no problem so it's not my soil.

Sorry
          The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X