Hi folks

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Prof,

I grew pumpkins last year, they need more room than you think!

I've got raised beds 90cm by 2.4m. I grew two pumpkin plants ('Becky' - hence my pen-name), and they filled over 1/2 the bed, even scrambling into the next bed and into my runner beans.

If you grow the right variety, I believe you can grow squashes up supports so they take up less ground space.

I also grew 4 courgettes in the opposite end of the pumpkin bed. They are a nice compact plant that fruit their socks off all summer and into autumn.

Enjoy the vine and see you around!

Comment

Welcome to the vine, Prof.
      Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

nice wellies profs mum
        Yo an' Bob
        Walk lightly on the earth
        take only what you need
        give all you can
        and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Hi folks, just a quick update to show you what my lotty now looks like. Hopefully you can see the small changes from the wildeness we had last year!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Howdy

Originally posted by Professor Peabody View Post
            Hi folks, just a quick update to show you what my lotty now looks like. Hopefully you can see the small changes from the wildeness we had last year!!
            Greetings, welcome and nice pink wellies.

And Wow you found an allotment under all that grass.
            Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Well done Prof, you found the soil What are you growing this year?
              How's your Dad doing? Mine had to have a scarily big op last year, but thankfully he's practically back to normal now. It's very worrying though - Dad's are meant to be invincible aren't they?!

Comment

Hi Sarah,

I agree Dad's are supposed to be invincible and I'm shocked that he has aged so much since his op late last year. I have to watch him on the plot so that he doesn't over do it. He has a follow up appointment with the consultant soon so I hope he gets the thumbs up. I'm sorry to hear your Dad also went under the knife and I send my best for a speedy recovery.

As to the other part of your question I have so far put in my early spuds, onion sets, spring onions and garlic. In pots I have several varities of toms which I plan to put into growbags this year since I lost the lot last year. Also am very excited since my plot shop got asparagus crowns in (5 for £4.70 - bargin compared to the garden centres) so I grabbed 10 and they will hopefully be going in this weekend.

I had a look at your blog and am very jealous that you have planted up some raspberries; I can't wait till I have a patch ready for mine but I think this will be next year now

Comment

Well done Prof. All that hard work is really beginning to show benefits isn't it? Today, asparagus, tomorrow ...The World!
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X