Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belated Hello!

Hi all

I've been mooching around this site for a while now, pilfering good advice but not sure how to introduce myself......until a 'situation' arose on my allotment today prompting me to leave a major rant in the allotment section (oops sorry). So it's only polite to say who I am!

I'm a 40ish mother of one who was lucky enough to grab an allotment in North London last April just before a major rush and our waiting list time got silly! Needless to say it was a complete wasteland with all sorts of rubbish and huge ruts but I'm getting there.

Apart from the obvious joy of growing your own and exploring wierd and wonderful new veggies (exploding cucumber anyone?) I've been enjoying the camaraderie and getting less fat. An added joy,my beloved teenager actually asked for seconds of purple sprouting broccoli last night - I could have cried!

I'm going to need a lot of help, but at least I'm in the right place.

Jane

P.S How do I get one of those fancy avatars, I've probably got all the necessary equipment, but not sure what to do with it.

Hi rogesse, OH did my avatar its somthing to do with resizing picture whatever that means,lol. I think there is a thread on here somwhere try the serch button at the top.
    hope your lottie problem doesnt put you off.
    Yo an' Bob
    Walk lightly on the earth
    take only what you need
    give all you can
    and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

By the way you get an avatar by going to user cp, then edit avatar. go on the net then type in ______ avatar. you fill in _____ With a keyword (eg veg avatar.) and little pictures or cartoons will be there, just the right size. right click on the one you like then select save. While in edit avatar go to the bottom text box then click browse, find the pic, double click on it, and ta daaaaa! one avatar! P.s you need to de select dont use avatar at the top. hope this helps!
      Qwerty

Save the earth- its the only planet with campervans!

Comment

Please to meet you! Welcome to the grapevine - isn't it great when your kids ask for more - of veg!
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Welcome to the 'Vine rogesse

Comment

Belated welcome, rogesse.
            I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X