Another Kentish newb

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Kentish newb

Hi, I'm Ara, living near Sidcup, so straddling London and Kent, and with my first garden for several years. I have a very good line in stupid questions that I can't wait to share with you all

I've had the garden just over a year -last year was designated the year of killing things - it had been untended for a number of years, with a bindweed infestation and beds overgrown with weeds. Now we're on top of the bindweed (just wishing the neighbours would tackle it now, so it'd stop coming through from both sides) and the beds are pretty clear, we're just working on reseating the greenhouse (it had blown off the concrete base, and some panes were broken) and getting stuff growing.

I have 12 tomato seedling happily sprouting on windowsills, and one dark opal basil starting to show - coming soon, chillis, PSB and garlic!

Welcome Ara...I'm way further North than you clearly...but have tom seedlings growing, dark opal basil growing on my windowsill! doing very well. have fun on the Vine!
    "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

Hi Arachne, welcome to the forum. I can't wait to see if your stupid questions are as stupid as the ones we ask?

If any bindweed creeps through from next door's garden, just direct the growing tips into a pot of systemic weed killer, that'll teach it a lesson not to mess with your garden
      I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes, and the tip for the bindweed - if it persists I'll definitely give it a go

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X