Another newbie!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another newbie!

Hi everyone! I'm a total novice gardener and a newbie to GYO, so I thought I'd introduce myself and say "hi".

We're in "sunny" Kent and built our first raised vegetable patch before the snows hit on Satuday. We need to get some compost and fertilizer and dig it over ... hopefully today ... before deciding on what to grow.

I have my copy of Carol Klein's "Grow Your Own Vegetables" which is already getting well thumbed, but I'm sure I'll have loads of really silly questions to ask you all over the coming hours, days and weeks.

I'm a complete foody and love trying new things and buy 99% of our produce from local farm shops already, so I'm looking forward to being able to try to grow our own, taste the difference and really reduce the food miles

Hi Kalkie, welcome to the 'Vine Don't be shy of asking 'silly' questions - if you don't ask, you'll never know!
    I have the Carol Klein book, but the ones I use most are Andi Clevely's 'Allotment Handbook', Sarah Raven's 'Great Vegetable Plot' & Alan Titchmarsh's 'How to be a Gardener' for the basics.

Comment

Hello and welcome. We're all foodies here - that's why we do it. You can't beat the taste of food freshly picked.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Thanks both for the welcome

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Kalkie, once you start you'll be spoilt for choice as to what to grow but you'll find loads of ideas on here.
          I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X