hi from nottingham

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi from nottingham

hello to all iam a newcomer from nottingham.i am trying veg gardening forr thr first time this year as my son has outgrown his swing and has left me a handy free area to use. my 13 yo daughter also wants to help and have a bed of her own to tend .i have space for about 5 beds approx4'X2 and will no doubt be seeking advice on what to plant and some very basic questions when things go wrong..thank you in advance for your advice

graham

Hi wudluv, welcome to the 'Vine
    Sounds like you've created a decent amount of growing space there. My kids (13, 11 & 7) have got their own space this year (1.2mx1.2m each) and are happily deciding what to grow. Unfortunately, despite an overflowing seed box, they all want to order their own seeds too...! Still, if it gets them to eat veg., it'll all be worth it! Good luck

Comment

Welcome to the Vine, Graham. When the weather finally warms up, Get your daughter to plant a few courgette seeds in small pots, when they grow big enough, she can plant them out. They are very easy and quick to grow. Each plant will take up about 2 or three square feet and give you quite a few fruits if you keep them well watered.
      I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Hi Graham

Hello from down the road.

I second the courgettes; they're so speedy to grow and such fun.

Also some tomatoes; if you grow the cherry ones you can put them in hanging baskets.

Comment

thanks to you all...advice is always welcome

Comment

Hello and welcome! I was in Nottingham last night for a gig at Rock City :-) boy am I paying for it now! lol

Could always sow some tumbling toms/hundreds and thousands tomatoes in hanging baskets/tubs on something - my neighbour's daughter kept raiding mine last year so I think I got about 4 out of the 500 or so there must've been! Didn't mind though as it's better than snacking on biscuits/crisps/greggs pasties!
            Live for something or die for nothing

Comment

welcome wudluv...

Geo..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X