New to the site

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the site

Very new to the site as we have not even looked at any of the posts yet. We have had our allotment for eight years. We have had good years and bad, last year being very very bad. For one reason or another. This year we are going to make the most of our plot. We now have a shed and a polytunnel. But we have very bad problems with drainage and have two starter plots. The first we got in 2000 and did alot of drainage to it. We got the second 2006 and spent a season clearing and fencing it. Now the drainage has to be dealt with as this winter it is really bad. And the mice in the polyT are out of control. Lost three weeks planting of broadbeans, sweet peas and nasturtiums, got six mice in six days in the little nipper. Now got metal staging which we hope they cant climb.

Welcome to the grapevine Catrina - sounds ike you've got your work cut out there!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Welcome to the 'Vine Catrina You're not far from me by the look of it, and yes last year was atrocious for water-logging. I've got slightly raised beds, but even so my onions & garlic were swimming and yields were down on everything except spuds Still, new season, new start, & it'll all be better this year!

Comment

Full marks for trying Catrina Don't give up, the weather has got to get better soon. After you get your drainage sorted out get some DEEP raised beds in. Best of luck and welcome to the forum.
        I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X