Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• merhaba from turkey

hi there
    i am a newbie to this site, I took early retirement from the civil service a couple of years ago and moved out to Turkey with my husband. last year we bought a house with 900 sq metres of land and have turned the front garden into an 'allotment' we have just put in our first crop and are looking forward to enjoying the results soon.

alongside the veggie plot we also have 20 mandarin trees, lemon tree and peach tree, i spent most of last winter making mandarin jam. lol!!

we live 5 mins away from the beach and spend a lot of time walking our three rescue dogs down there.

I look forward to talking and sharing ideas with you alll

deemon

Merhaba to you too, nasi sen (sp?). Or at least I think that's how you say "how are you?"

Be interested to see just how different things are over there. Good luck.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Nice to meet you - great set-up you have there.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hi,

Nice to meet you!

Where in Turkey are you? My dad has just moved to Beycik, Nr Kemer two weeks ago!

Fantastic country and people.

Be good to compare notes with you and help keep my dad right too.

Mandy

Comment

Welcome to the vine Deemon. Great to hear a grape with Citrus and Mandarin trees growing (and making your own mandarin jam sounds great !) I am jealous with your climate .
          I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

hiya all

mandyballantyne.....I live in turgutreis which is near bodrum, yes the people are great and the country is fantastic, plus I get to grow all sorts of stuff I didn't manage to grow when i lived in derbyshire!

I notice you are in Falkirk do you ever go into behind the wall or go and watch the mighty Bairns?? ( I used to work in Falkirk for a few days most weeks up to about 5 yeas ago) small world eh?

Comment

Originally posted by deemon View Post
              hiya all

mandyballantyne.....I live in turgutreis which is near bodrum, yes the people are great and the country is fantastic, plus I get to grow all sorts of stuff I didn't manage to grow when i lived in derbyshire!

I notice you are in Falkirk do you ever go into behind the wall or go and watch the mighty Bairns?? ( I used to work in Falkirk for a few days most weeks up to about 5 yeas ago) small world eh?
              Turgutreis?!?!? That's where LadyWayne and I had our first holiday together! Great place, we stayed in a little hotel down the beach (about a 15 minute walk) from the main town centre - which I think had a kind of town square if I remember rightly. We remember having to walk past the Gaye Hotel and having a childish little chuckle every time. We were young!

There was a restaurant on the town square and one of the waiters called himself "Arnie" on account that he thought he looked like Arnold Swarzenegger. Everywhere we went I was asked "how tall you? how tall you?" and then invited in for apple tea. Funny times.
              Last edited by HeyWayne; 13-04-2008, 08:57 PM.
              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by deemon View Post
                hiya all

Hi Deemon,

Yes BTW is still agreat place to go, still go there for lunch and a drink fairly often

My dad is starting to try growing veg, what are you growing well? Be good to pass on local info.

Mandy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X