Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Somerset

Hi,
    I just read about this forum and though it would be a great place to gain some invaluable tips from some other budding gardeners.
    I have just taken on an allotment and and would be so grateful for any advice on how to get started, what is easy to grow etc. The plot has not been used for 2 years so needs alot of work. I am lucky that my husband is a landscaper but unfortunatly he has little knowledge of growing veg.
    I am currently on maternity leave and I am looking forward to spending the rest of my maternity leave at the allotment tending to my plants. My 3 year old has already planned her plot which she has informed me that she is going to grow a cabbage and make some gooioe (soil and water - it keeps her amused for hours!!!)
    Last edited by frosty99; 09-04-2008, 07:09 PM. Reason: added text

Welcome to veg growing be warned it becomes addictive. For now just tackle a bit at a time and see if you can keep some covered or just keep the weeds down, it was my first year last year but our plot was not in too bad a state. We grew what we thought we would eat most of ie pots, green and runner beans, calabrese(broccoli), sweetcorn, courgettes and butternut squash. Also if you clear a bit and want to plant it look at the seed co's as they sell plants which will save a bit of time. It is time consuming and hard work but worth every bit of time and effort and the kids love it - Good Luck

Comment

Welcome frosty99...

Geo..

Comment

Welcome to the forum, frosty99, once your in here, time just disappears like magic.
        I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X