Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone

Hello
    I'm a new one to this site. Have turned to bottom of my garden into a veg plot, looking forward to receiving lots of tips from everyone, I have all raised beds and am confused about crop rotation do I still need to do it for raised beds this will be my third season.

Hallo Fiona,
    Yes, you do need to practise crop rotation with raised beds. It actually works best of all with any kind of defined beds as the soil doesn't get spread from one area to adjoining ones.

Comment

Thanks this gardening lark is so confusing,

Comment

Yeah but its such fun and so rewarding too!!!

Welcome!
        Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
        Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

maybe save a little room for some fruit, fruit is a great money saver costs a fortune in supermarkets £3 for little tub of blackcurrents when in season £5 for a 2-3 bush that will give fruit of around 25 years. strawberrys raspberries gooseberry blueberry ect and wont require yearly rotation some can remain a permant fixture. i grow both although more fruit than veg due to space issues as i grow some up the fences. i find fruit easier to look after more productive and gives best return cuttings runners means extra plants for free. my daughter pinches it out the garden which is great as her eating variety is a bit poor, so i buy something different every year to plant her a surprise.

Comment

Welcome to the Vine Fiona. Yes, in raised beds you still have to rotate your crops. It sounds complicated but basically all it means is don't grow the same thing in the same place every year. Just move everything round one bed and you'll be fine.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X