Hi from Ely

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Ely

Well, Littleport actually which is about 5 miles away.

Moved here about 21/2 years ago from Portsmouth and still don't know many people, so if anyone in the area fancies a chat please let me know

Not what you'd call an experienced gardener, in fact I'm pretty crap, but we have quite a big bit of land and a 40ish foot polytunnel so I thought I may as well make use of it.

Just digging over the polytunnel at the moment so I can put some lettuce, toms and cucumber etc in, if I have the energy I'll sort the rest of the land out later and grow some other stuff.

Brilliant soil around here, however the weeds seem to appreciate it more than the stuff you can eat

Hi I am just up the road from you in sunny (I wish) Sutton.
    Nice area, shame about the A10!
    I would have thought Portsmouth was much nicer.....

Welcome!

janeyo

Comment

Hi,

Welcome to the vine. Sounds like a great bit of land you have and the poly tunnel. Wish it was me!

Put up some pics so we can all have a look.

Mandy

Comment

Hi

We all have to start somewhere!!!

I love Ely; used to live in Huntingdon and would come over to the market on a weekend. Nice little book stall if I remember rightly.

Anyhow - welcome to the vine and remember no question is a daft one!

Comment

Thanks all, much appreciated

Mandy - will try and sort a pic or 2 out over the weekend, I'm ok at taking them, not too sure how to get 'em on here tho'

Janeyo - Portsmouth was a nice enough place, but, and without wishing to offend natives of the place on here, I found the locals rather miserable and insular, not to mention occasionally aggressive. I spent nearly 20 years there, we moved due to wifey getting a promotion, people are much friendlier in these parts imo.

Comment

Hello!
            I'm in Ely too. teach full time, so not as much time as i want in the garden, but the evenings are getting longer
            Jane
            We bought the lad from Sunny Spain, He gets the ball, he scores again, Fernando Torres, Liverpool's number nine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X