first time on forum

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first time on forum

Hi all, just joined your forum and have questions for you already! I planted potatoes last year and it seems I missed digging some up, as in clearing the 'veg patch', i.e., most of the back garden this year I notice lots of shoots showing their heads where the tatties were. Will these be okay to eat if I let them grow or should I dig them out and compost them?
    I tried aubergines last year in a grow bag but they just keeled over - think it was the awful weather, or that's my excuse. I'm trying again this year - don't have a greenhouse so am hoping they'll do okay in the garden.

Hi and welcome to the forum
    Not sure about the potatoes, did your crop last year suffer from blight if so it may still be in the ground. Someone with more knowledge will be along soon
    Good luck with your crops
    Debbie
    www.johndebs.piczo.com

Comment

Hi Marion Hood

Welcome to the vine. I'm not much good at potatoes as I always grow mine in sacks.
      I'm growing aubergines this year, I'm doing a patio variety called Ophelia, don't know how they will do but will give them a go, never grown them before.

Good luck and happy gardening.
      http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

Thanks Debbie, luckily my potatoes didn't suffer blight, I reckon these are the ones that I missed when I dug them up and am guessing that they'll be okay for harvesting again this year, although it has meant a re-think of what to plant where; isn't that the joy of gardening?!
        cheers
        Marion

Comment

Hi Herbie, Good luck with your aubergines - I'm trying Calliope F1 Hybrid which are a small variety - don't have a lot of space in the garden, especially as I like to cram in as much veg as I can, the flowers beds are continuously under threat....! Next time I do potatoes, I'll be keeping them in sacks too, as I've had to change where the peppers were going to go as the potatoes are in their space!
          Look forward to hearing how your aubergines grow.
          cheers
          Marion

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X