New Member from Perth area

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member from Perth area

Hi Everyone...I'm an avid gardener, just new to this group. We have a huge veggie plot as well as a fruit tree area and another area for other fruits as well as a wildlife planting area, a pond, a fairly large herb garden and lots of general flower beds. I'm also just starting to get interested in alpine gardening. Ok I'm a plantaholic and don't want to find a cure lol I love trying new things and introducing people to the wonderful effects of gardening. I'm disabled now with a spinal injury, so my gardening is now limited and I've become 'head gardener' with hubby doing the real grunt work lol...I've started growing things in containers (pots, baskets, pouches, etc) and am learning about miniature gardening now as well as getting into bonsai gardening...I'm an avid student when it comes to plants/gardening...and as I'm also a craft lover, I enjoy creating jams, chutnies, etc and I use my pressed, dried flowers and leaves in creating cards, in scrapbook layouts, and any other thing I can incorporate them into While my garden started out being planned and run to specific specifications, but as my plant addiction grew and as I find new plants, I'm finding that my garden is changing dramatically and always seem to find somewhere to put our new additions...although hubby is losing his precious lawn at an alarming rate lol.

I look forward to meeting everyone and am happy to share plants and seeds if I have what folks ae looking for and if it's allowed within this group. Thanks for allowing me to join and I hope everyone's having fun in their gardens!

Sassy

Welcome to the Vine Sassy Pumpkins. I'm sure you'll have lots to share with us.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Welcome, it's lovely to have another Scottish Grape! I'm so envious, you have Dobies Garden Centre right on your doorstep I alway try and pull my OH in for a cuppa there when we're passing (not often).

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie Wife View Post
        Welcome, it's lovely to have another Scottish Grape! I'm so envious, you have Dobies Garden Centre right on your doorstep I alway try and pull my OH in for a cuppa there when we're passing (not often).
        I'd never been to a Dobies before, but there's a new one opened up near Milton Keynes just up the road from us, so we popped in one afternoon. LadyWayne likes the foodhall bit, so I think we'll pop in again some time!

Welcome aboard by the way sassy. Is someone from Perth a Perthon?
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X