New Allotment Girl in Harlow

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Allotment Girl in Harlow

This is our second growing season and we're still feeling new to it all.

Hey Asparagus, welcome to the vine.

You'll find all the help and advice you could possibly need here, and you'll see that even the most experienced of us make mistakes or have disasters from time to time, but its all good fun!! We got our allotment a year ago, and it's fantastic. Best of luck and hope to catch up with you soon.

Comment

Thanks for that...We do indeed have fun but a bit hard on the back as we've had to content with trees in the middle and lots of clay. Last year was good and this year we're a lot more organised so far.
      Take care

Comment

It's my 35th growing season - and I'm still new to a lot of things! Don't feel deterred - no-one can know everything (that's my excuse anyway!). Welcome and feel free to ask questions/share your experiences.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hiya,
          Ok a quick question. My Mum very kindly gave me some pine needles (oh, what a love) and I was thinking that maybe I could mulch the strawberries with them. What do you think. Apparently they don't compost well and I'd do anything to slow the weed problem I had last year!!!

Comment

Not sure if they will make the soil acidic. I get a big fall of pine needles from next door and sweep them up to put on the bark path. It's now a mix of bark and pine needles.
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X