Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worms

Hello everyone

I never reialised how much fun growing veg could be! But then again I never had the oportunity until we moved to this sleepy part of Devon. This is our first full year and we've built the Polytunnel and just about to sort the bunnies out (damn critters!!).

Ive managed to get hold of an old bath tub because I recall reading an artical about using a wormery to speed up my compost making?

My problem is I cant find the artical and I would appriciate any advise you folks maybe able to give me? Where do I get the worms from? Will they be ok with normal composting materials? do I need to keep it covered Ect?

Welcome any advise / comments you may have.

Cheers.

Hi HH! I recently purchased (for 99p) the full instructions on how to build a wormery off ebay. Excellent instructions.

If you want to buy worms - I went to my local fishing shop. The chaps in there were most surprised to see a woman marching in asking to purchase some Tiger worms - they tried to confuse me with the latin name, but I got a big carton of Tiger worms, popped them into my new wormery, built by my OH, and they are doing fine.

If you want to purchase the instructions I suggest you type in "wormery" on ebay and look for the purchase price of 99p. Well worth it! Good luck! Bernie aka DDL
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Hi halfway house welcome no idea about worms but where in devon are you ?
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

Thanks for this folks

Maybe a trip to the Fishing shop in Tavistock next weekend to get the wormary started!

We're in Bere Alson.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X