potatoe plastic bins

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• potatoe plastic bins

Has any body used the large pots for growing early potatoes . The pots seem very costly so could a large plastic tub from say wilkinson's be just as good.

I only want to have some earlies

I think there are some folk on here that grow them in growbags standing on end and old dustbins so you don't have to buy the special bags or pots. They can even be grown in large flower pots if you only put one seed potato in each.

Comment

i had too many potatoes so i've just put some holes in an old black compost bag with a bit of sand in the bottom and put 2 in them they growing in pretty mush anything if you can get hold of some old tires there good for tatties you can paint the outside too to make them look a bit more appealing

Comment

i bought 3 potatoe bags from ebay for 8.99 delivered.and i put an email around at work for any old big plastic pots or old dustbins they dont want and presto a load of big containers waiting for veg to be put into.definatley ask around you will be amazed at how many people want rid of pots a such like x
        joanne geldard

Comment

this year, i've used old compost bags turned inside out (black on the outside) and used general compost to earth up these bags. Had a look tonight, and they are shooting through...I'll not buy another pot for potatoes again!
          "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X