hello everyone

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello everyone

hi to all i have just got my first allotment . if anyone could give me any ideas on planning and trying to get the best out of it i would appreciate it
    thanks

Welcome to the Vine Jemus. That's a big question you've got. You'll get more info if you ask smaller, more specific questions. Or look through previous posts . Lots there. Hope it goes great for you.
    And where are you in the country. That info helps in weather terms. You can ley us know by editing your personal profile.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Hi Jemus,

Don't try to do it all at once, you'll only put yourself off. There is tonnes of advice here and everyone is only to happy to help.

If you've got any specific questions, why not post a new thread in the relevent section. You'll be overwhelmed by the response. I always am!

Best of luck

Comment

to improve space and output friends and myself grow the following up fencing and wires around the edge of the allotment. raspberries, blackberrys (thornless there easier) japanese wine berry, sun berry longan and tay berry goji berry gooseberry trained to cordon cranberrys. this provides lots of fruit for little allotment space is attractive and excess can be frozen for winter. trees are usually band but our allotments allow current bushes so we grow black red and white currents. strawberrys are good in a patch or raised bed and they generate runners so can increase stock as with above bushes cuttings can be taken to grow extra, fruit is generally more cost effective to grow as 100g black currents is about £3 to buy and a bush is £5-£6. we then have vegatable patches we rotate and a rhubarb patch. id start now with the fruit its not too late and with veg your only 3 weeks behind so go for it, friends and my self have used Blackmoor Nurseries have a great range of choice and variety delivery costs are good. my plants where good quality. hope this helps

Comment

thank you for the advice i will start slowly and will not rush as most of you suggest.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X