very new..but already worrying about RABBITS

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very new..but already worrying about RABBITS

hello all, Ive just joined and have a new allotment which Im going to start on tomorrow! very excited. The soil looks good and the weeds not too bad - but my big worry is the rabbits. I cant afford to fence all the way round as its huge. the previous owner has put lots of corrugated iron panels all round - I guess there are gaps in this, but if I fill them in,. do you think that might do? I cant bear the thought of planting stuff and having it all eaten right away!
    By the way I found some stuff on the web called Rabbit Scram - its American - has anyone used it? It sounds a bit too good to be true...
    Grateful for any advice - encouragement etc..
    Mad March Hare
    Time spent on reconnaissance is never wasted...

Fencing certainly does work! I haven't heard of the other stuff. I'd try filling the gaps first of all. Good luck and welcome to the vine, by the way!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Welcome aboard madmarch.

Fencing doesn't need to be expensive. I fenced my entire plot in for about £50-60. Admittedly I'm lucky in that I have access to loads of pallets where I work, but I'm sure a little venture round your local trading estate will prove fruitful. My outlay was on chicken wire and wood preservative, everything else was free.

Ever since I've fenced the whole lot in I haven't had any evidence of rabbits - there's poo outside the boudary, but none inside! Peace of mind.

If you do patch your fence, make sure you dig the fencing (whatever it is) well into the ground.

Good luck.
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Hi from from Newbie to another. Really, I wouldn't worry about the rabbits. I always find they more than take care of themselves. ;o)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X