novice potterer

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• novice potterer

Hi as you may have gathered from the title I am quite new to this although I have always enjoyed pottering about in the garden I have now decided to give vegetable growing a go this may be a normal desire to some but my garden is anything but large and is in the snowdonia park which means wind rain and slugs that never give up. I started various seeds off on my kitchen and consevatory windowsills and to my amazment they are taking off so I have now bought a green house to put in my anything but large garden and I have lots of seedlings in various containers awaiting to be transplanted into raised beds that have yet to be made. What I lack in sense and knowledge I make up for in enthusiasm, any advice, help or just good old encouragment I would be very grateful for.By the way just to confuse things I am registered in my husbands name of Mike,dont go there! my name is actually Pam I am the potterer though Mike would argue more potty than potterer.

welcome pam, youll soon be romping away. I too have a small garden and some wonky raised beds (no diy husband available). Am really looking forward to a good season. good luck.
    My Square Foot Gardening Experiment Blog :
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...log_usercp.php

Comment

Hi Pam and welcome There are lots of us novices on here, and thankfully we seem to be outnumbered by people with a wealth of experience and knowledge who are willing to share it with us. I've only got a small garden too but it won't stop me growing as much as I can of my own veg, herbs or flowers. Glad your seedlings are doing well, hope you really enjoy the end results.

Comment

hi pam i too have just joined the forum i have a good sized garden but an adventurous husband who is v good at diy and hasn't left me room for a long wanted veg patch so i did the next best thing and we signed up for an allotment, enthusiasm abounds but the back unfortunately is groaning under the strain!! we spent all day there today hence a large amount of sunburn ouch but after these last weeks of looking at clumps of weed infested soil and rubbish i can actually envisage my vegetable garden we have put in 3 large raised beds today the onions are doing well peas are coming up and the fruit dept is thriving i'm hoping that we are now turning the corner and as its forecast to be heavy rain tomorrow looking forward to a bit of a rest and letting someone else take care of the watering!!! happy gardening

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X