Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I should be outside planting things

Hello folks I am a new member and I live in Bucks
    It is a lovely day today but I had to pop inside and check my emails -so I couldn't resist logging on to this cool site
    Off back outside now to check on mouse damge to my seed spuds
    Hopefully the nibbled tubers will still grow?
    Nice to meet you all
    "CJ" Junior gardener

I thought that earlier - was a lovely day. Chucking it down now.

Hang on.......

no, it started again.
    Last edited by HeyWayne; 28-04-2008, 12:09 PM.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Hmmm. Been out sowing beans and pricking out flowers sitting in the sun. It's just chucked it down - will have to 'suit up' in the waterproofs to get to T'ai Chi this aft. April showers only have a couple of days left!

Welcome to our world, Junior Gardener!
      Last edited by Flummery; 28-04-2008, 12:13 PM.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I keep hoping the baby will go to sleep soon so I can get out there, the weeds have come from nothing to Yikes!overnight.

Trouble is I ache all over today, got baby's cold coming I think.

But no rain here yet so maybe I just need some ibuprofen and a cuppa and get to it.

janeyo

Comment

We've just had a horrendous downpour but the sun is trying to come back out so fingers crossed for when I finish work later on ......
          Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Managed to get 2hrs in at the lottie this morning, would have like to have stayed longer but it's chucking it down, rain, hail, thunder and lightening!
            Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

So, it's looking fine and sunny out there; so I bring 2 toms downstairs to give them some sunshine. I take out of the polystyrene container about 10 little toms.

within 4 say 5 minutes; it's hailstoning, and I mean big ones - that sting your back when you are bending over trying frantically to take in all the toms that you have only just put out.

And the minute; and I mean minute they are all in - it stops.

Ho hum; suppose I'll just make another coffee and wait for the sunshine again.
              Last edited by zazen999; 28-04-2008, 12:45 PM.

Comment

So I have put the washing out...... and now it's raining. Arrrrgh. It will have to stay there. Hopefully it will only be a shower then when boys in bed tonight at 7 ground will be nice and soft for a spot of weeding then.

janeyo

Comment

Rain? What rain?
                  It's really sunny here ... I've had to water everything in the greenhouse cos it's all wilting in the heatwave.
                  ** just checked forecast - rain by 4pm. Drat **
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Someone up there is seriously starting to get on my wick.

i put my toms back out as it was sunny for ages, and within 5 mins it started hailing again. Went to rescue them [well, put plastic over them] and got a handful of hail straight down my top - right into bra territory.

Not impressed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X