Our turn now.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our turn now.

We have been here a while now and havn't really introduced ourselves properly, so here go's. Warning some big photos below.

If you havn't already guessed, we are Mike and Louise. We have 3 kids (Patrick 14, Roxanne 11 and Courtney-Christina 8).

We moved from a small village called New Ash Green in NW Kent about 5 yrs ago to where we are living now in Wiltshire. We had a small garden in Kent so didn't have room to grow any veg. However we now have room in our bigger garden, and so we have been growing veg since 2006.

We love everything to do with the countryside and we would never move back into a big town or city now. During the summer we spend more time at the White Horse near Westbury than anywhere else. It is beautiful up there with stunning views for miles around and great walks. The kids love it too.

We also keep chickens at home (although not at present because ours stopped laying and we moved the garden around recently so they had to go, but we are getting new hens soon).

We part own some horses with a friend of ours who lives in the National Trust village of Lacock which is about 3 miles from us. She has the land so the horses live with her, but we go to Lacock a few times each week with the kids to help muck out, feed, groom and excercise the horses. We also ride them too of course. Then afterwards we go to a small and very old (600 yr old) pub in Lacock for the best sausage, egg and chips around.

We both work from home. Louise does her Aromatherapy from two converted rooms at home and I produce and sell all sorts of electical lighting units. I also do some electrical contract outwork for a local company.

OK here's the mug shots.

Lovely, it'salways nice to put names to faces - sounds like you have a fantastic life ane made the right decision to move.
    We moved about 4 months ago so I could have chickens and veggies and apart form sorting the rest of the garden, or should I say 'weedery' which is going to be a huge job I am loving every minute! Just a shame I have to go in the house sometimes hmmpf. We also have planning in to extend so I am certainly going to have my work cut out. Luckily my oldest goes to school in sept so should free up some time.

janeyo

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
      sounds like you have a fantastic life ane made the right decision to move.
      Yeah life is very good at the moment and yes we are very glad we moved here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X