Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello everyone - I'm new too! Does anyone know their onions?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone - I'm new too! Does anyone know their onions?

Dear fellow veggie growers

Just back into my veggie patch this last weekend to find my onion sets were no longer sets but merely spring onions............sets appear to have rotted away but have disappeared anyway? Would this be due to wet weather?

Garlic seems to be going great guns..........

We (veg head hubby and I) are relatively new to veg growing but very enthusiastic so any advice would be much appreciated!

hey there welcome from the AXJ household, I'd love to grow garlic, but I don't think that's a job for a window box. Oh I wish I had a real garden. Fresh green garlic has to be one of the greatest things in the world, no need to peel it, just chop it up. Some times get it here on the market... really is unbeatable, fantastic for the digestion, if a bit wiffy at both ends. LoL

Can't help you with the onions, probably best post in the main forum.
    AXJ Another Xtreme Jardinero

Comment

Hi
      Do you mean the sets have gone an the onions are underneath; or the whole lot has disappared???

Welcome, by the way.

Comment

I'm not sure, but I think you might be under a misapprehension. Onion sets send down roots and then put up a thin leaf stalk, which I imagine is what you're calling a spring onion. This is what's supposed to happen. Over the course of the summer, they'll grow more leaves and then form a bulb underneath.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X