New here

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here

Hello everyone, I'm new here and greener than your fingers so I'm hoping you'll be ok with my lack of knowledge. I joined this forum as it seemed very friendly and accommodating to novices

I'm in Essex, separating from my husband and need something creative, fun and useful to do and vegetable gardening really appeals. I've done it a bit before but always with his help and brute strength. This time I'll be looking for an easier way.

I'll put my questions into the main forum but thought I'd say hello first. So, hello!

PS I suppose if I'm to garden I shouldn't moan about the wet weather but this rain is becoming a bit annoying, lol.
    Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, simplify.

Henry David Thoreau

Welcome aboard Mimosa, and you're right about the rain - very annoying.

No need for brute strength when gardening, but you may need the occasional helping hand. Lots of jobs require a delicate touch.

Good luck with your endeavours!
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Hi Mimosa, the only thing I can't manage alone is putting up my bean frames - my artritis makes grasping something like a cane rather difficult. I can grab it ok but can't get enough strength behind the grasp to give it a good shove into the earth. Being the independent type I still do it though, and Himself has to follow me round shoving them all in to the same depth before I can put the beans out!

Good luck with your growing - it's a really satisfying way to spend your time - and the prospect of seriously good grub at the end. Win-win!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X