Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From Somerset

Hello

I found these forums a couple days ago and have been doing a fair bit of reading, Decided it was time to sign up and say hello.

We are getting close to the point where the inside of our house is decorated 'top to bottom' and it is time to start re-claiming the wilderness other wise known as our garden,

It is currently mainly grass, very uneven with a slope, and plenty of weeds popping there heads up, i am cutting it this afternoon for the first time this year, getting close to the point of needing a combine rather than a flymo.

Plenty of plans for the garden which include some raised beds to grow some food.

I have given my self around 10 months to get it into some sort of shape so i can start planting next year, and as i am a complete novice i am sure i will be in and out of here looking for help and tips.

Keith

Hello to you in Somerset.
    Welcome to the vine.
    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Hello Keith and welcome, you are in a much warmer part of England than I am. I know this because all my lot are down there and keep telling me I need to move where people have normal weather!!! I would plant pots anywhere it is hard to dig and let them break up the soil for you. Added bonus is that you get some veg out of it too. Good luck, Jan

Comment

Good Luck with it all Keith. There's plenty of good advice in all the sections of the forum, and I found, when I was first starting out that as much as you can read books and chat to like-minded people, you can keep on learning. And I'm still learning every day myself, which is what I love about it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X