Hello from Sunny Essex

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Sunny Essex

Hi I am a busy mum of 4 and I love the idea of growing fresh veggies for them so I'm complete novice but seeing as we've just moved into a new house with a greenhouse I thought I would give it a go and jump right in.

I got all inspired and read some lovely books which make it look quite easy and it is to a point, I have sown some seeds and so far got some little seedlings growing away, pricked out some of the bigger ones ready to harden off, I even got hubby to build 4 x1.3m square raised beds but now I am stuck!

Not entirely sure where to plant what so my greenhouse is getting a bit full!! I just can't plan where they all go so that it maximises the space and looks good - organic not into rows and oh and there is a problem with slugs....

Cheers Sarah

Hi Green-Dragon, welcome to the forum. You've chosen a good time to start growing, everything is starting to move now in the garden plot, trays that were bare yesterday are now filling up with seedlings. Be more specific as to what you're growing and you'll get lots of advice. As for the slugs, you need a bottle of wine and a glass, a bucket and a torch. Go into the garden after dark and shine the torch at the ground, if you see no slugs, drink a glass of wine. Keep doing this until you see slugs, put slugs in bucket and feed to chooks, if you havn't got chooks yet, get some
    I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Cheers

Thanks for the welcome and the slug idea! I quite like a glass of wine so I'll give it a go!

Cheers

Comment

Green Dragon...where in Essex? near the sea?
        Are you on hose pipe ban yet...Mum in Southed is ok so far!
        Welcome to the vine!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X