Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coldframe

Hi all
    as a newcommer I am desparate to rid my peppers of aphids.would welcome organic suggestions
    thanks
    Coldframe

Hi Coldframe

Welcome to The Vine!
    I tend to be a squisher when it comes to aphids, or I use water to wash them off. You could always send off for some ladybird larvae...they'll munch them up!
    Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
    Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

I find that a spray of water with very diluted washing up liquid (I use ecover) gets rid of 'em and doesn't harm the plant at all.

Comment

Or you could use an oxalic acid wash!
        THIS IS POISONOUS so proceed with care. Pick about 5 rhubarb stalks, remove the leaves and put the leaves and about 2 pints of water into a tightly stoppered container. Leave at room temperature, out of reach of children and other inquisitive persons, shaking the mix up daily for 7 days. Strain and use the liquid on the beasts!
        It is safe in as far as it washes off and is an old gardener's recipe I found a few years ago.

Comment

Try placing a chopped up Banana skin on the ground under your plant to deter the Aphids. It does work.
          Last edited by mcsee; 20-05-2008, 11:38 PM. Reason: Add text
          I love growing tomatoes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X