X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good afternoon!

Hi, I'm Hawthorn,

Mum to four, stepmum to one, dog owning, kinda hippy type person

Well, at least my friends call me a hippy.

Anyway, I bought the magazine the other day and found this forum so I thought I'd introduce myself.

We just got an allotment this year and we are complete beginners at it, so I hope to find some gems of knowledge and help here.

Hope you are all well,

Hawthorn x

Hi Hawthorn,

Welcome to The Vine!

How's it all coming on? What kind of stuff are you growing? You'll find lots of friendly, helpful people on here ready to offer advice.

It's really good!
    Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
    Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

hi Hawthorn

I'm a relative newbie too, not so far away, in Cleveland. I have a very small veg plot in my very small back garden. I have just planted some broad beans, beetroot and carrots yesterday - OMG it's really hard work this gardening lark ! hopefully though I shall be rewarded in a few months with the fruits of my labours !!

Welcome.
      Littlewin

Comment

I'm in East Yorks too - very close to Hull. Welcome to the vine - it should have a health warning - it's so addictive!
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Thanks for the welcome folks.

Peanut....how's it coming on? It grows couch grass and nettles lovely, so it does. The dandelions ain't doing too bad either LOL.
          We just round upped it last week - we got it a couple of months back, but haven't had the time due to moving back after the floods and sorting out the house. When it's cleared, we'll begin planting

Flummery, we're in Hessle, just outside of Hull

Comment

Originally posted by Hawthorn View Post
            Peanut....how's it coming on? It grows couch grass and nettles lovely, so it does. The dandelions ain't doing too bad either LOL.
            We just round upped it last week - we got it a couple of months back, but haven't had the time due to moving back after the floods and sorting out the house. When it's cleared, we'll begin planting
            Tell me about it !!! My garden is full of Couch grass, Marestail, Bindweed and Ground Elder !!!

It takes hours to do even the smallest area so I usually get the hump and give up for a day!!
            Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
            Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X