First Timer

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Timer

Hello all, this is my first time on a forum and its interesting to see the range of experienced gardeners as well as the beginners. I have taken on two half plots on our local allotment after being on the waiting list for just over a year. I wasn't quite sure where to start as they were in a run down corner that no one else seemed to want. Slowly but surely we are starting to see some progress, concentrating on just one for this summer. It is two thirds dug over but is rife with a weed calls Mares Tail - has anyone else encounted this and if so what have you done to get rid? All suggestions welcome!
    Last edited by Natalie; 19-05-2008, 09:48 PM.

Hi and welcome Natalie. I have no experience of mare's tail but if you put 'mare' in the search facility on the forum then you should find lots of threads about it.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

hi natalie,when we 1st took on our plot parts of it were rife with marestail.don't know if we'll ever be totally rid,but having "tried" to dig out the roots &then pulling up as much as poss as they appear it's definitely weakened it!so don't loose heart,good luck!p.s we new 2 the forum too.
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Hey, thanks for the encouragement, I think its definitely going to be a matter of time and bucket loads of effort! Have you had your plot long? What are you putting in this year?

Comment

I don't have a plot - I am conquering a bramble and nettle patch at the back of the garden. This year I actually have proper beds - photos soon on the 'what I did today' thread
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X