Hi, Another new member.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, Another new member.

Hi, my name's Anto, from Mayo in the wonderful, wet, wild and windy west of Ireland, where growing your own is more of a challenge than a past-time.

My partner, from Kent, and I had great success with raised beds hastily raised last year (inspired by Gardeners' World), and rather mixed success with using copper against the marauding monster slugs. We're right on the Atlantic coast, so gales ands salt are constant companions.

Anyway,hello all. We look forward to picking your brains for solutions to many problems, and, hopefully, we'll be able to report some successes as well.

good morning anto,and welcome to the forum,first tip ref., slugs,beer traps work,night patrol with light as this is when your monsters come out to munch,flick them into a container with some salt in,or sea water,they will be going nowere else,type in slugs in the {search}top of page,find it in the green stripe,just above the orange one,3rd in from the right,you can use this to find a wealth of info,just type in what ever you choose.
    bear in mind tonight from 4pm the forum will be of for work for 2 hours.
    Last edited by lottie dolly; 22-05-2008, 07:10 AM.
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X