Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saying Hello!

Hi everyone,

Just want to introduce myself. I have been visiting this forum for a couple of months and thought it was about time to register and join in all the fun

I have wanted an allotment for ages and joined the waiting list for a plot in Gorse Hill, Stretford (Manchester) about a month ago.

I got a call last week and as of last Saturday I now have a plot.........
    There were a couple of half plots available but I went for a full sized one. It does need quite a bit of work as it is FULL of weeds.

I've managed to identify a massive bramble bush, horsetail, dock, dandelion, nettles, one small bind weed, grass...... there is the whole works in there, lol.

There is one weed that I haven't been able to identify though and was wondering if anyone could offer advice as to what it could be.
    It's tall, has yellow flowers and the base of its stem is very wide (almost looks like a large piece of ginger). I'll try and get some pics when I go at the weekend to post.

I have covered over the area I plan to work on with sheets for now but have invested in a petrol strimmer so I can wage a war on Saturday.

Any advice on the best way to go about clearing my jungle would be appreciated along with any recommendations on what I could start to grow on the first area I clear.

Bye for now

Welcome Tiara,
    Only one real way to clear your jungle (and save on gym fees!) DIG DIG DIG!!
    I would start off what ever you fancy on window ledges at home now, to plant out when you are ready.
    Happy digging.
    Tx
    Tx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X