Hello from Basingstoke

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Basingstoke

Just to say hello to everyone and to say that from what I have read so far there seems to be a wealth of information here to satisfy my new venture of vegetable growing,, Just wait for all the questions

Welcome to the Vine Chillimad,

I spent most of my formative years (and driving lessons) around Basingstoke and I am pretty good at negotiating roundabouts as a result I lived in Silchester until I was 24 and I have many happy memories.

I could have an educated guess at what you like growing Good luck with your new venture, you'll soon be hooked to veg growing and the Grapevine.
    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Thanks for the welcome,,, can someone tell me if I can grow brussels in a container,, dont laugh I love them, but wandered if they would grow this way,, only just starting with the veg growing, already have over 50 chili plants going strong thats what got me started,, TIA

Comment

Hi Chillimad,

Good luck with the brussels, I've got marrows, courgettes, and runner beans etc all happily growing in containers. I've only recently joined the grapevine and its been a great help so far.

I've also got about 20 pimientos de padron chilli plants growing. Have you ever tried these before? They're new for me, so I'd love to know someone else who has grown them.

Whereabouts are you from?

Happy Gardening from Chilli Gal

Comment

Hi Chilli Gal,

I am growing, Birds eye, scotch bonnets, finger chilis, and whatever the fresh ones from tesco are called ;-)..

I wanted to grow "little Green Men" "pimientos de padron" but nowhere I looked had them in stock, so will need to wait till next year now to try them.

Best of luck with yours :-)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X