Aint life wonderful!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aint life wonderful!!

Hi all, was never a gardening fan (work!!!) but then had heart trouble, forced to retire etc. Found time (like there wasn't any before!!) to grow a few toms. courgettes and weeds. Just tonight pulled my first BIG White radish am I proud or what!

Anyway one extra nutter to the fold.

Cheers and hello Tony

Radish

[hi Tony Mark 1,Its great isnt it when you get something to grow.I'm sure that your health will improve now that your out of the rat race and getting pleasure from your time.Did you used to commute a long way?my husband is home at the moment after having an operation,we are altering our diet and trying to be a bit more active in the garden.He's due to retire next year anyway so this is our "start " if you like.We even have chickens,the eggs are great!All the very best with your new venture.

Comment

Hi Tony - I've always grown veg but it's amazing what early retirement can do for your time! I used to try to squash seed sowing and weeding into the odd half hours - now I have to squash it into the gaps between grapevine sessions!

Happy growing - bet that radish was gorgeous. Welcome to the fold!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Gardening is really hard work, frustrating too, but ultimately very satisfying and therapeutic.
        If you get an edible crop, that's a bonus !
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Welcome to the fold Tony. Hope you'll find your second home here.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Welcome. Dont know how i ever found time for work!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X