new kitchen Garden

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new kitchen Garden

Hi there, I'm Alison and I'm attempting to start a small kitchen garden! I have had a little success with my herb garden and have decided my husband should build me a veggie patch in a spare part of our garden, wish me luck and i shall probably be asking for advice regularly having only just started gardening!
    GYO Beginner

Hi Alison, good luck with it! Do you have open ground available, or will you be growing in pots?

Comment

at the mo i'm planning on creating a raised bed in a piece of disused space at the side of my house,
      GYO Beginner

Comment

Good luck. You'll end up wanting more than one bed. Ask me how I know!
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Have already earmarked the childrens play area for converting in the future!
          GYO Beginner

Comment

Hi Alison, I'm growing in raised beds in my garden, but they got fully pretty quick, but I've got me a lottie now, so I'm a happy bunny. Good luck with your growing

Comment

Welcome to the Vine Alibarbar and good luck with the new kitchen garden.
              I moved house in Feb so had to start my kitchen garden from scratch. I'm doing it in beds (I find that much easier) but haven't had time to raise them yet. You can see the pic.

Attached Files

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

frame for netting

Originally posted by Alice View Post
                Welcome to the Vine Alibarbar and good luck with the new kitchen garden.
                I moved house in Feb so had to start my kitchen garden from scratch. I'm doing it in beds (I find that much easier) but haven't had time to raise them yet. You can see the pic.
                [ATTACH]4861[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4863[/ATTACH]
                Thanks for putting photos on Alice...just wondered what you have used as frame for your netting it looks substantial?

Welcome Alibarbar good luck with your new venture

Comment

Hello Fleursotheforest, the frames for the nets are 12mm drain pipe. £1 something for 2 metres in B & Q, and the right angled joints for joining them together. I used fence wire (little rolls from B & Q ) cut into lengths and bent into hooks to pin the nets down at the bottom. Keeps all the pests out for me.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by Alice View Post
                    Hello Fleursotheforest, the frames for the nets are 12mm drain pipe. £1 something for 2 metres in B & Q, and the right angled joints for joining them together. I used fence wire (little rolls from B & Q ) cut into lengths and bent into hooks to pin the nets down at the bottom. Keeps all the pests out for me.
                    Thanks for the info....I'm having difficulty trying to retrain my dog to stay off my raised beds even though they have fleece and netting over them...when I saw your photos your set looks ideal

fleursotheforest

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X