Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• banned from digging

Hello everbody

Me and a friend have had a totally overgrown lottie for almost a year. (The blokes didn't think we'd last 2 months.)

We were doing really well until I went too far with the digging and ended up in bed for a week with a prolapsed disc and sciatica. 10 weeks later I'm still out of action and banned from digging by the physio.

As I can't do much down at the lottie I thought I'd browse the net for advice with our new cherry tree and came across this great site. I read a few threads and had to join. Hope to spend many an hour getting advice to relay to Denise so I can feel a little useful. I did build a wigwam last week though and can also manage to water our produce.

Hello and welcome to the vine. Take it easy and get properly better.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Thanks Shirl. I'm trying to be good and avoid bending but I can't help bending to get the evil weeds out. Can't wait to get back into it.

Comment

Try sitting on a picnic rug or something similar and weed from there, I have to do that sometimes when my CFS is playing up.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

dont forget to bend at the knees!

welcome to the forum!

i too am banned from digging as ive been diagnosed with Chronic fatigue syndrome and cant work for atleast a year-growing veg is my new hobby, but i have to get my parents to do all the hard work like digging and alike!

i also get extremely stiff and painful joints from crouching/kneeling/bending to tend to my beds, so i have to do it in lots of short stints. i feel like a geriatric at the moment, but being able to spend 10 mins tending to my plants a few times a day is really helping to keep me sane!

just make sure you dont try and do too much, or more than you can handle- you dont want to set back your recovery even futher!

Comment

Hi Looby Lou, sorry to read about the back. I have similar problems and my doctor told me last time I had trouble "no digging and no hoovering" I don't dig the garden any more, but I can do the hoovering :-( Like selfheal, if I'm planting or weeding it has to be done in short bursts. Would advise you to take care, especially when lifting anything and just get back into it gently.

Hope your lottie does well and your back improves.

Comment

Hiya
              I cant do a lot of the heavy work in the garden which is very frustrating i have ME/CFS which is very debilitating, so can empathise with you.

Im just starting off with everything new thank Goodness i have some helpers LOL

Hope you feel well soon in the meantime sending you therapeutic thoughts

Misty

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X