Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novice in need of advice - growing together

Morning All,

I stumbled across this site today whilst searching on the web for info on what to grow with tumbling toms - any suggestions as I'm new to veg and esp knowing what to plant with what. I've only got a back yard, lovely though unfortunately it means there's not a great deal of space and so I'm planting in tubs and hanging baskets - tumbling toms are in hanging baskets.

Hope to hear from someone soon... off out in a minute to spend some time in the sunshine and get some jobs done.

H

Firstly welcome Hel,Secondly it helps if you put on your profile the area in which you live as this helps when giving advice.
    Try growing either Basil or maybe some salad leaves
    The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome and advice re Location in profile - updated. Lancashire - basil or salad leaves sounds great thanks for the advice.

H
      Last edited by Hel; 09-06-2008, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine. I have often read about basil as a companion to tomatoes - they go together in cooking too.
        Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 09-06-2008, 08:10 AM.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

My greenhouse Toms are growing with basil and are supposed to be Good companions.
          The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X