Hi all from sunny Suffolk

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all from sunny Suffolk

Hi My Name is NickyB and I live with my wife and 3 boys, The wife and I have always liked the garden and now we have got an allotment with 10 Chickens that we love to go and tend.

My Wife does most of the work as I'm Disablied and have to use a chair when out(Wheelchair) But with my Crutches I can just about get about on the plot with a lot of help.

We also have a veg patch in the back garden, We have a very big front garden that we could use to grow loads of veg in but would it be a target for the mindless slobs that we have??

I Really would like to learn as much as I can so that we can get the most out of our garden and enjoy it.
    NickyB
    It's better to be over the Hill than under it

Hello, i just joined as well, probably not gonna be much help at the mo as im a bit of newbie but if i can i will. Enjoy

B
    Somedays your up, somedays your down, but you have to make the best of everything

Comment

Hello there, welcome to the grapevine. I think you could very easily grow veg in your front garden. Grow it in the flowerbeds and grow the sort of things mindless slobs don't realise is edible! Rainbow chard looks gorgeous, I've got crimson flowered broad beans in the flower bed, last year I grew beans for drying on a wigwam - also in the front garden. Leafy green veg, too, like scarlet kale, should do ok and not be recognised (or desired) by yobs. How about sprouts? What's the difference between sprouts and bogies? You can't get schoolboys to eat sprouts!

Sorry, slipped out!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hi just joined and looking forward to getting advice and sharing the ups and downs of growing fruit and veg nice to know other peoples views and look forward to chatting in the future. I have a large allotment and help organise our association so not a lot of spare time at the moment in between weeding and weeding willmake time to join in.

Comment

hi "Nickyboy" from a fellow Ipswich gal'n'bu!we've also got allotment,10 chickens & 2 chicks,oh & 2 children!!!what end you at?
          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Hi Nicky - I'm in Suffolk too, bit north from you in Lowestoft. Where on earth did you get the "sunny" Suffolk from? The weather here's been rubbish so far. Nearly Midsummer and the highest temperature we've had is 21. Mind you, I do need a bit of rain for the lottie (newly planted stuff and beans and spuds)

Comment

Welcome nickyboy and your family, I had a lovely holiday in Ipswich in June 1981 we rented a cottage with some friends, just outside it seemed like we were in the country yet so near to the centre.
              Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
              and ends with backache

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X