Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newcomer here

Hi,

This is a great website and really informative forum.

I bought a few seed starter kits in the Spring and started growing veg (Carrots, Brocolli, Cabbage and Cauliflower), Chillies, Peppers, tomatoes and herbs. Then my interest in growing my own spiralled.

I built a 3*2 metre raised veg plot, filled this with about 1300 litres of compost, soil conditioner and some manure.

I've attached a few pictures of my plot. There's some tom's in growbags which were meant to be in my PVC greenhouse until the winds tore it apart (so now I'm in the market for a greenhouse!). I've also got 4 containers with potatoes growing.

I've had big problems with my brassicas, some became diseased with grey/purple mottling, others simply collapsed, slugs were involved and I suspect that I may have cabbage root fly issues causing some to collapse.

Some of my close up shots of the leaves show some kind of leaf damage possibly leaf miner or possibly scale insects.

Any opinions on this gratefully accepted,

Nice to meet you all,
    Matt
    Attached Files

Welcome to the fold. Lots of growing problems are down to the weather or the wildlife population. You can tend to take it personally but it's not your skill that's at fault - it's outside circumstances. Keep it up - you're doing well.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Welcome to the vine add where in the country you are to your profile sometimes it helps to identify problems.
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

Thanks - I've updated this. I'm located in Birmingham.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X