Hi from rainy Kent

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from rainy Kent

Hi, I have been buying the Grow your Own mag for a while now but only just realised they had a website!

I am a fairly new veg grower- we moved house last May and there is a lovely garden with a 15 by 20'' space at the the bottom which I have pinched for my veg garden. The only trouble is that it is covered in shingle (underneath it is clay) so I have had to grow everything in pots. We had to put a large shed in and I had a greenhouse for my birthday! - Not much room left now!

I plan to get my other half to help me build some large wooden raised beds, so I can really get going for next year. However, I would like to have them raised off the ground as the ants keep getting in all the pots!!

I'm also a Reception teacher and I have two cats!
    Tori

Welcome Tori.I also live inKent but its lovely and sunny.You must be in North Kent.
    The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Hi Tori,
      I'm also in Kent-near Dartford. Spent most of the day in the garden in lovely sunshine!. Only took over this near lottie size garden last year. To-day dug up potatoes, garlic and put some onions an a rack to dry. The best advice I got on this site was to take slowly.
      History teaches us that history teaches us nothing. - Hegel

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X