Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• let's try this again

hi everyone,
    i wrote a message early this morning introducing myself but noone replied so i thought i's try again

Hello everyone, how's the gardening going? i'm a complete novice so any tips would be great

ta Annette
    Happy Gardening!

hi annette, i've only just logged on so welcome, i'm sure just like everyone else on here you'll beome hooked on the gardening as well as this website!!

what you growing and where (lottie, garden etc)

Comment

yay thanks for replying

Hi There,
      I've just planted

little gems
      beetroot
      greyhound cabbage
      carrots
      and cucumber

i think these are right for the time of the year, i've been asking people because i have no clue about the seasons yet and what should be planted when. i've taken up a corner of my parent's garden to grow in but i'll slowly take over tee hee
      Happy Gardening!

Comment

ooh sounds good, i'm by no means an expert but things i would be looking for is slugs and snails cuz if you're garden is anything like mine they will be the bane of your life!!

if you don't have much luck to start off with don't give up because sometimes things take a few attempts. also i'm, not sure but i think cucumbers don't have a good success rate outside so you might have to take over the house as well!!

Comment

I have everything in a two tier plastic greenhouse at the moment, the soil in the garden wasn't great so i planted then in cells and yog pots etc. I have added compost to part of the garden now but i think i'll wait for everything to sprout and grow a little bit before putting it out. i keep reading that carrots don't like to be transplanted to i might sow some in the garden tomorrow, i have a couple in tubs, i'll just have to see what works, it's a learning process i guess

keep in touch and i'll let you know how the experimenting goes
          Happy Gardening!

Comment

Cucs are fine outside so long as you have the right variety, usuallyl ridge types. Marketmore for example tend to do very well.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

i'm not sure what type i have but i will check

Thanks!
              Happy Gardening!

Comment

Welcome to the Vine Annette. Sorry there was no one around to welcome you this morning. They were probably all at church
                At this time of year you don't need to put your veg in a greenhouse, it will get on fine outside. Hope it's all successful for you.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Hi Annette - I dont get onto the pooter very much at weekends so sorry i didnt see your post! But welcome anyhoo - you'll soon be hooked like the rest of us!

And I do agree about slugs and snails, they're the bane of my life I'm afraid!!

Good luck and happy gardening.
                  Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Hi Annette,
                    When you say 'novice', if you actually mean 'complete beginner', then me too!! So no help, tips or advice from me I'm afraid, but thought I'd say hi anyway. Good luck with the growing - look forward to reading how you're getting on
                    Holly

Comment

Hi Annette, lots of people are out gardening at weekends and get the the PC's in the week.

Welcome to the Vine.
                      Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

HI Annette
                        Im with you and Holly! i do have a little knowledge but not much! Good luck and keep in touch!

Comment

Hi Annette, I've just arrived too, where in the country are you?

Comment

Welcome to the vine Annette.........just got back from church, crikey what a long service it was!
                            Last edited by Snadger; 23-06-2008, 07:29 PM.
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Cornish Pixie View Post
                              HI Annette
                              Im with you and Holly! i do have a little knowledge but not much! Good luck and keep in touch!
                              You related to our piskie?

Annette, sorry for not having replied before. I tend to use the "new posts" button and don't always get time to read, let alone reply to all new posts, and introductions.

Never mind, I've done it now - welcome aboard.

I have little knowledge too, but hopefully make up for it with enthusiasm.
                              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X