Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My onions

Hi everyone
    My gardening is not to bad but my computer skills are sadly lacking as is my spelling and grammer but dont let this put you off. I have some knowledge worth sharing i guess. But my reason today for signing up is i need to pick somones brains. I have the dreaded white tip on my onions and they are dieing before my very eyes, As is everyones around me, Ive invested alot of money in shallots, onions and leeks and this is breaking my heart. I have heard that there is a remedy called Folio Gold can anyone fill me/us in on this product. IE can we purchase this as somthing else who's ingrediants are Metalaxyl and Chlorothalonil Or is this only for large scale farming. Please somone help before we lose the lot and i the plot. Thanx for hearing our plight.
    Lawrence .......Tongwynlias alotmenteir....S Wales

Do you mean white rot?

and, welcome to the vine!
    Last edited by Capsid; 23-06-2008, 05:09 PM.
    Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Hi lawrence and welcome to the vine!

Some pretty hard hitting chemicals you're talking about there!

I am familiar with white tip (which is more than than can be said for the RHS website) which is a fungal problem. It can also be caused by a copper imbalance in the soil.

Here's a load of fungicides that are availabe to us mere amateurs!

fungicides - Google Product Search

Have a troll through them and see what you think!

I used to be a firm believer in Armillatox as a panacea for all ills! You can still buy it but it's only cleared for use in cleaning paths and greenhouses etc. Apparently this was purely because the company wouldn't spent the large sum of money to get it pesticide approved. Loads of information on the net about it!

Good luck and I hope you manage to save your alliums

PS Just had another thought.....if you are an allotmenteer and you are on council run allotments, the council may be able to purchase and spray the 'Folio Gold' for you. They will have access to proffessional chemicals and trained staff to apply it! Worth a try!
      Last edited by Snadger; 23-06-2008, 08:34 PM.
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X