getting to know me

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting to know me

hello I am Ged Kirby from a little market town on the northern edge of the North Yorks Moors called Guisborough. I work for a small not for profit training company with 14-16 yearolds teaching gardening, hotricultue and animal husbandry on a piece of land just under one acre in size. We have a few pigs ducks geese and chickens but my main interest is in the gardening side inparticular the large polytunnrel which the students nickname Geds Office. I mainly grow fast criopping and low maintainance vegetables and fruit to help the type of student we have in their education and learning although from time to time I can indulge in my own home garden with its Greek and eastern mediterainian theme. My collegues and I are always looking to reuse, recycle and rebuild so would like to exchasnge any ideas other members have.
    Look forward to hearing from anyone

hi ged kirby- what a great job you have, there are lots of polytunnelers on the forum , keep looking and youll soon find them.

francesbean
    My Square Foot Gardening Experiment Blog :
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...log_usercp.php

Comment

Hi Ged and welcome. It sounds like a really worthwhile set-up you have there.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Ged
        That setup does indeed sound great.

Any chance of some pictures for inspiration; and what do you grow that is fast cropping? I do have patience but love to chuck anything [except radishes] in that crops fast as I mix and match fast and slow growing crops to maximise space.

Comment

Hi and welcome - what a fulfilling and satisfying, not to mention worth while, occupation you have. Do tell us more??
          Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X