Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• um Hi!!!

Hi everyone

My name is Stacey and I'm 12... ( 13 on 25th aug!!! WOO HOO) me and my mum ( known as AilsaSyl) have started a garden. We have planted carrots, spinach beet, potatoes, onions, strawberries, cucumber, cauliflower, lettuce, cabbage and peas!
    Yum! My favourite fruit is strawberries, but i like oranges and watermellons lots to... I like most fruits. I like a few veg, my fave is peas or carrots and I like parsnips too. I dont like beetroot.

Ok, im editing this to tell you some more info about MOI!!!

I play the flute in the school band, at school I love art, english,science, geography, history, mod. studies, R.E and H.E. I like most subjects apart from P.E and Maths grrr

If I had a super-power I would make myself a magic wand, so that I could do weird spells and stuff Mwhahahaha!
    If I was an animal I would be a dolphin because they are my faveourite animal!
    But if I had to be a land creature I would be a orangutan, cos they are cool and orange.

So hope thats enough random-ish facts now

Luvin all
    Stacey x
    Last edited by happybunny; 25-06-2008, 07:03 PM.
    Stacey x ♫

Hi there- and welcome to the Vine!!!

Tis brill news that your are interested in growing stuff at your age!!.. It'd be great if you can show us oldies a trick or two about growing veg!

Stawberries eh??....me too!! We've been picking about 1/2 kilo every day for the last 3 weeks from 25 plants- not bad eh?? I like to put a small amount of balsamic vinegar on mine and a blob of yogurt ( helps with the waistlne ...although I'd prefer vanilla ice-cream AND cream!!! )
    Let us know how you are getting on!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I love strawbs too - fight you for them? I also love peas and beans and tomatoes - but I think my very favourite is new potatoes (with butter!)
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I'm Stacey Steve but not a true Stacey really, just that the allotment site I'm on is called Stacey Hill. It was an old Victorian Farm and one of the fields is now the allotment site. The old house is still there and is now part of a museum.

Wish you the best of luck with your growing and I bet your mates are dead jealous at you being able to have all those things to eat just when ever you feel like them
        I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

Hi Stacey.

Just been looking at your onion question, so I'll post my response there.

Welcome to the vine...don't like beetroot??? Are you mad? No, just 12!!! Hopefully you'll grow into it.

Comment

Hi happybunny.I've been growing veg since I was 10 and I'm still going at 47!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Strawberries are my fave!
            Last edited by Cloud; 24-06-2008, 05:41 PM.
            The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Hi happybunny and welcome to the vine!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

hi happybunny!All the best with your garden.Beetroots one of my faves!have you tried a teensy bit mixed with mash?don't know if you're into pink but turns your mash from boring white to pretty pink!!
                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Hi! Welcome! I'm still pretty new here - it's a great site with loads of good advice!

Like any right-minded person, I also LOVE strawberries. Maybe try making your own strawberry ice cream??? Good luck with the plot anyway! x

p.s. When I was 12 I also loathed beetroot. What can I tell you? I only started liking it myself about a year ago... now I love it!
                  I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Hi stacey

good luck with your growing ...... i'm going to grow some beetroot, my son says i've to pickle it, wish he was interested in gardening ..... but he's 18 now and is only interested in girls and cars

i had a bit of my mums garden when i was little (about 6) and the next door neighbour told me i could grow ice lolly trees, i lost interest when they were still sticks after 6 months, and grew strawberries instead.

have fun

Lynda xx
                    Last edited by lynda66; 26-06-2008, 01:49 PM.

Comment

welcome Happybunny,you certainly sound like one,it is lovely that more younger people are taking an interest in the land,not only do we get better produce than the shops sell us,but pleasure,it makes you want to learn,and the things YOU not like,exercise the pleasant way,and your maths,well,they will come in handy for many things as you grow up,well done girlie,
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Welcome Happy Bunny, I have an 11 year old daughter who will 12 on 28th August! She started being interested in gardening last year but things didn't grow fast enough for her and she got bored and it didn't involve boys!!!

Any tips on how I can get her interested again...apart from transplanting her boyfriend into the middle of the plot!

So pleased you are enthusiastic about it, I only really started last year and I'm nearly 39!
                        Lumpyjumper

http://lumpyjumpers.blogspot.com

updated blog - 15 Dec 2009

Comment

Snap, my mum is 38, 39 in december lol

to get your daughter more interested try :
                          1. fast growing things e.g radishes, spring onions
                          2.get the b.friend interested

best of luck
                          stacey x
                          Stacey x ♫

Comment

hi, and happy birthday in advance for the 25th august, strawberries and wimbledon go hand in hand:-)

Comment

Thanks Stacey I'll try that,

maybe I should get her to log on here and chat to you, you sound fab! Have you started the holidays yet? Ours down here don't start for another 3 weeks.

Think the bf is coming round tomorrow so maybe I'll get him digging! hee hee

Say hi to your mum, we (nearly 40 year old's) need to stick together
                              Lumpyjumper

http://lumpyjumpers.blogspot.com

updated blog - 15 Dec 2009

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X