Hello

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

I have been lurking for a while, reading all the great stuff on here, so I though I should say hello!

I have a tiny back garden into which I have crammed a raised bed and a couple of growhouses, plus lots of pots and hanging baskets. This is the first year that I have tried growing things - grew up with garden produce, but not grown anything much to eat for years.

I have salad leaves and carrots in the raised bed, strawbs in the baskets, toms and courgettes in the tubs/pots. And potatoes grown in compost sacks. And a Tayberry that has gone mad this year!

First crop of pots and carrots on Saturday was scrummy, and the several pickings of strawberries and tayberries have also been delicious. The salad leaves are a great success, I used to buy two or three bags of mixed leaved a week, so they will easily start to pay back the cost of buying the raised bed.

Penny

Originally posted by Pennywort View Post
    I have been lurking for a while, reading all the great stuff on here, so I though I should say hello!

I have a tiny back garden into which I have crammed a raised bed and a couple of growhouses, plus lots of pots and hanging baskets. This is the first year that I have tried growing things - grew up with garden produce, but not grown anything much to eat for years.

I have salad leaves and carrots in the raised bed, strawbs in the baskets, toms and courgettes in the tubs/pots. And potatoes grown in compost sacks. And a Tayberry that has gone mad this year!

First crop of pots and carrots on Saturday was scrummy, and the several pickings of strawberries and tayberries have also been delicious. The salad leaves are a great success, I used to buy two or three bags of mixed leaved a week, so they will easily start to pay back the cost of buying the raised bed.

Penny
    Hi Pennyworth and welcome ....everyone is very friendly on this site and will give you lots of great advice ... I have just stared on here myself and learnt so much already !

Bully-Bonce

Comment

hi pennywort
      I only joined the site a couple of days ago and everyone has been great with giving advice and everyone is really friendly.

welcome and happy gardening
      Annette
      Happy Gardening!

Comment

Oh goody.......I can say 'welcome' to three newbies in one foul swoop!

Welcome to Pennywort, Bully-Bonce and annetteevans!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Hi Pennywort (like the name!) - it's great once you start tasting your own stuff isn't it?
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hi and welcome, great to have you along with us! Cant wait to hear how you get on as the seasons progress??
            Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X