Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone.

Hi Everyone,
    Thought it was about time to introduce myself to the Gapevine.My name is Julian and i live in Bournemouth,Dorset soon to be moving to Somerset to move in with my partner Ruth.I started my very first vegetable plot this year and started to sow my very first seeds in March.We did not have a vegetable plot at all and in December i started to work on creating one after working out which area of the garden to have it.I spent 3/4 weeks pulling up the grass turf and then 2 weeks cultivating the soil due to the soil being clay.Had to add loads of compost and then decided to throw in some bonemeal even before i started to plant my very first seeds.Everything is looking great.I am growing Carrots,Cauliflower,Beetroot,,Brocliee,Onions,SweetCorn,Lettuce,Spring Onions,Pumpkins.
    I am also growing my very first Runner Beans grown with Sweetpeas as Runner beans like the scent of sweetpeas,I am also growing my very first tomotes,the ones i am growing are money makers and gardeners delight.I water the vegetable plot early evening and then feed the vegetables a few times a week with bonemeal.The plot has lots of sun and shelter and no problems from Strong winds.I am also growing herbs and have a massive mint herb which is growing taller and taller,Will post pictures as soon as i can.
    Last edited by Julian; 27-06-2008, 06:23 PM. Reason: Grammer.

Welcome.Probaly two of the best tomatoes you could ever grow my faves
    The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
      Welcome.Probaly two of the best tomatoes you could ever grow my faves
      After my mum passed away i came accoss some labels with the name of these tomotes on and thought to myself if she grew them as well,then these varites must be good I bought the plants as young growing seedlings and planted 2 to a pot,even though mums advice was never to plant two in the same pot,but these are looking really good and healthy with a few flowers starting to appear.I know you suppose to pinch out the tomotes,but i wont do this as i want to see what nature does,a few brown leaves is what i have so far removed.I use tomotoe feeder and a little bonemeal and when i water the tomotoes i do this from the base only to keep the leaves healthy & strong.I put these into 5 clay plots with broken pots at the bottom to help with drainage

Comment

hello and welcome

Comment

Good on yer.As nature intended.
          The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X