hello to everyone

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello to everyone

well, this is my first post, i've just joined the grapevine.
    this is the second year that i have been growing my own, although i have always grown tomatoes and stuff with my mum, so i am really just starting out in my own garden.

i have a disability, which can make the heavy work difficult (and sometimes impossible!!) so i generally grow all above ground, at the moment in pots and gro-bags, but i hope to get my brother to build me some raised beds soon!

i grow mostly vegetables, but hope to broaden my range gradually to encompass more fruits aswell.

like with most people, money can be tight, so i am always looking for ways to recycle and re-use things and put things to alternative uses - hints and tips are always welcome!

thats about all for now, i look forward to learning things from people with more experience.

c

A very warm welcome Cjat.

Dependant upon how raised you need the raised beds, you could always go to the local tyre fitting company and get some used car tyres to make some raised beds. If they need to be very stable, then place one on top of the other and drill through the rims and wire them together, gradually building up to the desired height.

Try to get the company to give you all the tyres of the same diameter, makes life a lot easier.

If you want to jazz them up, you can always paint them different colours
    I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

Welcome cjat.we all learn a lot on here.Whether newbys or not.enjoy!

Comment

Hi and welcome cjat!!

Comment

hey cjat

im ailsa syl's daughter

have fun
          Stacey x ♫

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse