Hello

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

I have now taken the time out to join in the forum and although I have taken a lot of the advice on your web site I have never joined in.

I am adicted to gardening - my gardening these days is in pots and mainly in the sun room and on the patio - I like to try new things and never get down when they do not work out but simply get on an try something else, I am the happiest person in the world when I am pottering about with my plants. I am trying to get my grandaughter to help out as much as possible, she loves the edible plants.

I am in North Lanarkshire in Scotland. In Scotland it is very difficult to gauge what the weather will do - yesterday it was miserable during the day, cold, wet, windy and grey and then about 4pm it turned to sunshine with a lovely warm breeze until about 8pm when it went back to cold, wet, windy and grey. I have lots of plants overgrowing in my sun room, in particular the sweet corn - bending at the roof - but I cannot take the chance of putting them during the day just now - has anyone in Scotland grown sweet corn inside or outside successfully -would love to hear as this is the first time I have got the sweet corn to flower - the first ear of corn has appeared today. It warms my heart. My grandaughter went on holiday last night and she asked me to be patient and not to eat the sweet corn and to wait for her to come back her holidays.

I can think of nothing better than being in the sun sorting out plants. As you can tell from the long story here when I get started about my plants I just go on and on.

Hope someone can help with my sweet corn problems.

xxx

Ahhh... that's a lovely post. You're among kindred spirits! I have a teeny tiny garden but I can fiddle around with it all day and never get bored. Can't help with the sweetcorn unfortunately. Mine are always hopeless - sounds like you're doing pretty well with them.

Now, can you keep your hands off that sweetcorn cob...

Big welcome anyway! x
    I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

I wouldn't even attempt sweetcorn, as I'm still a novice, so well done for getting ears!

I'm addicted to the garden, too. It's costing me a lot of money, but I'm having fun, doing it!

Comment

They be cobs, not ears Like, corn on the cob.

Hi, and welcome. love the name, GardenMadGranny
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

GMG there is something very soothing about tending plants that I think has been understood for hundreds of years.

I have very little interest in our flower garden at home although I can appreciate the absolute beauty of the flowers in form and colour.

I have 3 allotment plots and I think that without the theraputic value I have received from tending these over the last 2 years, I would most probably have gone over the edge by now..

This sounds very OTT but life has thrown at me as a parent probably some of the worst nightmares we have as a parent.

You come across as a very gentle caring person, may you stay this way and tend your plants for many years.
          Last edited by Stacey Steve; 10-07-2008, 05:46 PM.
          I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

If you are growing sweetcorn inside it might be an idea to give em a little shake as they are wind pollinated.
            The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

What a lovely post. I can just picture you in your sun room tending to your plants and saying encouraging things to them to make them grow. Bet you're a lovely grandma too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X