I''m new...please be gentle!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I''m new...please be gentle!!

This is all new to me... posting items on forums, so please excuse me if it all goes to pot (no pun intended!)! I've been using the forum for info and tips for a while, but thought it was about time I joined in too!

My name is Jenny, I live in Suffolk and have had an allotment plot for about 18 months. Last year was spent clearing it and planting up for summer and we completely forgot about winter crops, so this year has been slightly more planned out and so far, not bad! New potatoes are fab, broad beans have finished and we have just started cropping french beans, peas, summer broccoli, cabbage and courgettes. Also got given an artichoke cutting last year which has just produced a huge head - any tips for cooking / eating?? I have two hens (Mavis & Rita) which I keep on my plot, so I have to go down to feed them every day, which inevitably means pottering about and keeping things ticking over.

I'm married to Dave, (who is not keen on digging, but likes to taste test anything produced!) and have one daughter, Abi, who has her own patch on the plot, which has produced mangetout, beans and strawberries so far!

Well, that's about it... I look forward to using the forum and receiving any help and tips from you! Jenny xx

Hi there Jenny

Welcome to the Vine!

You might just want to change your name from your e-mail address ( for security reasons) just so you don't have too much access open to the rest of the planet???
    Just an idea if you'd not thought of it

Chickens eh????.....I'd love to have some.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hi Jenny,

Welcome to the vine! We probably can't tell you too much 'getting started' info, coz you're already used to the forum and how it works. You're lottie sounds great. Very productive! Hope to bump into you on one of the threads soon.

Comment

Thanks for messages - I'm did register with a username, but it has come up showing my email address, and I don't seem to be able to change it ... any ideas?

Comment

You could private message Ben. He's the techno wiz for the forum. Just go to the Quicklinks dropdown menu, and go to private message, then type Ben into receivers box and tell him your woes. He'll sort it out for you.
          Last edited by Pumpkin Becki; 10-07-2008, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X